Top 5 Benefits of Daily AM Bible Study
We all know that reading the Bible is important, but few may realize the benefits of daily study done in the morning.
1. GET A FIRM FOUNDATION FOR THE REST OF THE DAY -Studying the Bible first thing in the morning will start your day off on the right footing. By getting His Word into your mind before anything else intrudes, you'll have laid a strong foundation for the rest of your day. "Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock; and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock." Luke 6:47-48
2. GET PROTECTION - You can "put on the whole armour of God" first thing in the morning, before you need it. Before you have to "stand against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:11 KJV)
3. BEFORE THE DAILY GRIND SETS IN - Studying the Bible in the morning enables you to do your studying before anything else gets in the way. If you wait until the end of the day, chances are that something else will intrude, and you may not be able to find the time. By doing it first thing in the morning, you ensure that it gets done.
4. LESS DISTRACTION - In the morning, you'll have less mental distraction. Your mind is a clean slate when you wake up, daily duties have not yet had a chance to infiltrate your thoughts, so it will be easier to concentrate on the Word as you study.
5. FEED YOUR SOUL - Just like your body needs food in the morning after fasting all night, your soul needs the Word. Matthew 4;4 Jesus states: "...it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
Looking for a great Bible to study with? Try the Extreme Teen Study Bible. Or, if you prefer to study on a mobile device, try using the Bible app.